Batavia Air flight Y-6291 from Denpasar-Balikpapan-Gangzau (China) skidded off the runway on landing at Sepinggan International Airport, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, at 11.30am Monday.
The 177 passengers and 10 crews onboard the A320 survived unscathed.
Airport Duty Manager Indrata explained the plane ran off the end of the runway and up to now the cause is unknown. The back tyres of the plane dug into the grass about 40 cm at the end of the runway.
As a result of this incident, 10 flights departing and arriving to Sepinggan airport were delayed up to two hours. Two planes were delayed – Garuda and Lion Air to Jakarta, four aircraft were diverted to Banjarmasin, and one plane was forced to return to its airport of origin.
Source: The Beat Magazine
- Garuda named “best airline in the world”
- Another pilot from Lion Air arrested for drug use
- Bali’s International Airport to Get New Air Traffic Control System
- Drug Tests for Air Crew at Bali Airport
- Bali closed for Hindu New Year
- New Traffic Control Systems for Denpasar
- Yogyakarta to get new airport
- Bali Tourist Police Cannot Speak English
- Bali launches operation targeting foreigners
- We Can Build New Bali Toll Road in 14 Months: Minister of State Enterprises Dahlan Iskan said