This coming Sunday 10th of March, the Series of Rip Curl’s Prestigious GromSearch youth Surfing event will take place in Echo Beach, Canggu, Bali.
With good swell conditions predicted, and an entry of over 50 motivated Grommets, the Canggu event is looking likely to be one of the highlights of the 2013 series. Tides will also be the perfect height for Canggu’s famous sandbar to provide the waves needed to offer the best Grommets from all over Indonesia a chance to challenge themselves and win top honours.
Canggu’s CSC Boardriders community will be the host this weekend and will be helping Groms push themselves to give their best performances. Check-in & Registration for all Groms will start at 7.00 am – All Groms don’t be late!
For the 10th consecutive year, Rip Curl is looking for incredible young and fresh talents to build
the next generation of surfers.
Winners from each regional series will compete in the GromSearch National Finals held in Bali later this year.
Fun, friends and competition!…. Let the Grommets Rule!
Contact Rip Curl GromSearch; Canggu regional event 2013:
Canggu Boardriders: 08 19 99 20 09 96
Rip Curl GromSearch 2013 Rules & Regulations
1. Priority will go to the Regional Boardriders club members to enter comps. Entry cut–off for Boardriders will close 5 days before contest.
2. Any remaining spots will be on first come first served basis.
3. Any nationality can enter regional qualifying series
4. Only Indonesian Passport holders can qualify for National Finals and receive the ticket to Australia.
5. National Finals is for UNDER 16’s Boys division only.
6. Rip Curl will send the winner of the under 16 boys division to the International finals in Australia to represent Indonesia.
7. Multiple entry for any surfers are allowed even if the surfer has already qualified for a place in the national finals through a previous event.
8. Surfers can only win ONE birth in the national Finals.
9. In the case where a surfer reaches the podium qualifying for a place in the National Finals but already has a spot, his place will be given to the next highest placed Indonesian Surfer but he will retain his prizes and ASC points.
10. At each event a minimum of 1 highest placed Local Boardrider will receive a place into the National Finals.
– 4 Indonesian Surfers reach the podium. All surfers are not from local Boardrider club. 1st 2nd and 3rd get tickets to National Finals – 4th place is replaced by the Highest placed local boardrider member.
– (This format will give the opportunity for at least one surfer from each region to get a space in the National Finals)
11. Surfers are only permitted to enter ONE CATEGORY per event.
12. To enter the under 16’s division you cannot turn 17 or older on or before the 31st December 2013.
13. To enter the Under 14’s division you cannot turn 15 or older on or before the 31st December 2013.
Schedule of GromSearch Events for 2013 as follows:
– 10th March, Canggu, Bali
– 31st March, Kuta, Lombok.
– 14th April, Pacitan, East Java
– 21st April, Lakey Peak, Sumbawa
– 12th May, Padang, Sumatra
– 26th May, Medewi, Bali
– 2nd June, Kuta, Bali
– 9th June, Padma, Bali
– NATIONAL FINAL – September, Somewhere in Bali (TBA)
The Rip Curl GromSearch series started in Australia in 1999, giving surfers aged 16 and under the opportunity to showcase their talents in a fun, friendly but competitive environment.
From America to Australia, The Rip Curl Gromsearch gives the possibility to young experimented surfers to show everyone what they’ve got.Already underway in Indonesia for 11 consecutive years, the event has found some incredible talents from all over the country including Oney Anwar, Putra Hermawan, Jeren Kiring and many more…
For more information, please check Rip Curl’s website: http://www.asia.ripcurl.com/gs13.html