It is important for Grommets, their parents and/or manager to read and understand the following rules and regulations of Rip Curl GromSearch 2013, because this event is also part of the Indonesian Surfing Championship (ISC) and provides an opportunity for Grommets to win valuable ISC points which will go toward deciding the end of year ISC junior Champion. So here it is. Read carefully.
Rip Curl GromSearch 2013 Rules & Regulations
1. Priority will go to the Regional Boardriders club members to enter comps. Entry cut–off for Boardriders will close 5 days before contest.
2. Any remaining spots will be on first come first served basis.
3. Any nationality can enter regional qualifying series
4. Only Indonesian Passport holders can qualify for National Finals and receive the ticket to Australia.
5. National Finals is for UNDER 16’s Boys division only.
6. Rip Curl will send the winner of the under 16 boys division to the International finals in Australia to represent Indonesia.
8. Surfers can only win ONE birth in the national Finals.
9. In the case where a surfer reaches the podium qualifying for a place in the National Finals but already has a spot, his place will be given to the next highest placed Indonesian Surfer but he will retain his prizes and ASC points.
10. At each event a minimum of 1 highest placed Local Boardrider will receive a place into the National Finals.
- 4 Indonesian Surfers reach the podium. All surfers are not from local Boardrider club. 1st 2nd and 3rd get tickets to National Finals – 4th place is replaced by the Highest placed local boardrider member.
- (This format will give the opportunity for at least one surfer from each region to get a space in the National Finals)
11. Surfers are only permitted to enter ONE CATEGORY per event.
12. To enter the under 16’s division you cannot turn 17 or older on or before the 31st December 2013.
13. To enter the Under 14’s division you cannot turn 15 or older on or before the 31st December 2013.