Kiwi Man Missing in Bali After Tinder Date a Fortnight Ago

A Kiwi man has reportedly gone missing in Bali after failing to return from a impromptu holiday with a woman he had reportedly just met on Tinder, quoted from Stuff.

Joshua Goudswaard, 32 is believed to be missing in Bali and hasn’t been in touch since October 30th. Source: Facebook/Aaron Smith

Friends on social media have been posting pleas for any information or sightings of Joshua Goudswaard – a 32-year-old man from Waikato currently living in Perth.

According to a post from a close friend, Goudswaard met a girl named ‘Anita’ on Tinder and they took off to Bali on October 26.

He was due to return on four days later, but then extended his trip to November 5.

Close friend Aaron Smith said none of his friends or family had been in touch since October 30.

Smith posted a plea for information this week on social media, which has since been shared dozens of times.

“I’m asking everyone for their thoughts, prayers and any information leading to the speedy recovery of this legend please,” he said.

“A dear friend, warm heart and a very kind soul. Very good with the ladies and would give the shirt off his back to anyone, and he has. He’s been missing for 14 days now and it’s totally out of character, leaving his business and staff in limbo.

“Phones been disconnected and not replying to emails.”

Smith said no one had met the girl “supposedly named Anita nor do we know her surname”.

“It was an off the cuff impromptu whirlwind dash to Bali. All the appropriate channels have been contacted and are going through the motions.”

On Sunday, a Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson said they were aware of reports of a missing New Zealand citizen in Bali.

“The New Zealand Embassy, Jakarta, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Wellington have provided consular advice to the family,” the spokesperson said.

Goudswaard is from Te Awamutu and was living in Hamilton before he moved to Perth.

His former Hamilton flatmate, who only wanted to be known as Jason, said Goudswaard had not used his phone, or been in contact with friends since the morning he was due to fly out. He did not have a Facebook account so friends had been unable to reach him through social media.

According to Indonesian immigration, Jason said Goudswaard’s passport showed he had not left the island.

Police had checked his bank accounts and found one transaction for a small amount traced back to a town in the United Kingdom on November 5.

Read full article, here

Source: / Phillipa Yalden


More On