Police in the popular tourist areas of Kuta and Legian in Bali have begun socializing a number of changes in traffic flows. The changes being introduced by traffic police will be introduced in February with absolute enforcement promised on March 1, 2017, as quoted from Bali Discovery.
A summary of the changes planned in Kuta-Legian traffic flows set to be implemented in the Kuta-Legian area:
- Jalan Patih Jelantik will become a one-way road in an easterly direction beginning at the intersection of Jalan Sriwijaya-Jalan Patih Jelantik to the traffic light on Jalan Patih Jelantik.
- From the intersection of Jalan Sriwijaya until the intersection of Si Doi will remain a one-way road traveling in a westerly direction.
- Jalan Raya Legian beginning from Bemo Corner to the Melasti intersection of will be one-way until street from south to north.
- From the Jalan Raya Kuta traffic light at the intersection with Jalan Patih Jelantik to the Tamacun intersection will become a one-way street traveling from north to south.
- Jalan Majapahit beginning from the Temacun intersection to the Jalan Patih Jelantik intersection will become a one-way street traveling from south to north. Traffic destined for Jalan Legian (Ground Zero) that once entered Jalan Legian from Jalan Patih Jelantik will now have to travel via Bemo Corner turning right onto one-way Jalan Legian traveling to the north. Similarly, people traveling from Ground Zero in a northerly direction will follow turn at the Melasti intersection and follow Jalan Sriwijaya heading towards Jalan Patih Jelantik.
- Traffic passing the Pura Puseh to Bemo Corner will remain a one-way road but in a reverse direction now from east to west.
- Jalan Singosari beginning from the intersection at the Art Market (Pasar Seni) to the intersection of Jalan Raya Kuta – Kalianget will remain a one-way street but now in a new direction traveling from west to east.
- Jalan Dewi Santika (Jalan Kartika Plaza) will become one-way traveling from south to North. Traffic from Jalan Kartika Plaza heading to the airport will have to pass Jalan Singosari – the Kalinaget intersection – the Pura Puseh intersection – the Temacun intersection to eventually join Jalan Raya Tuban heading towards the airport.
Starting from March 1, 2017, 50 police officers will be on standby helping to direct traffic flowing in the new traffic directions and issuing tickets to those disregarding the new traffic rules.