Bali immigration was denied an Australian man entry into Bali on Tuesday for his alleged involvement in a pedophile case. Identified as BGC, was rejected upon his arrival at I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport at 1:30 p.m. on Jetstar Airlines JQ43 from Melbourne, Australia.
Immigration chief Ari Budijanto told The Jakarta Post that BGC was rejected because his name was included on the banned entry list. “He is on the banned entry list as was involved in a pedophile case in his country,” Ari said in Denpasar.
The banned entry list is based on cooperation between interpol and neighboring countries, including Australia. Ari said BGC accepted the denial and flown back to Melbourne at 11:15 p.m. “He could not fight against us,” he added.
Previously, three Australians have also been rejected from entering Bali.