Bali continues to allow arak production

Bali continues to allow arak production

Despite recent cases of alcohol poisoning and the death of an Australian tourist after consuming locally produced arak (palm wine) on the neighboring island of Lombok, the provincial administration is continuing to allow production of the beverage, stressing that the manufacturing process would be closely monitored and that the arak produced in Bali was safe for consumption.

Police identify suspect in Australian teen’s death

Police identify suspect in Australian teen’s death

West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) Police have identified a suspect in the death of the 19-year-old Australian tourist Liam Davies, who was allegedly poisoned with methanol-tainted alcoholic drinks in Gili Trawangan, an official has said.

Methanol-tainted vodka discovered in Gili Trawangan

Methanol-tainted vodka discovered in Gili Trawangan

The Mataram Drug and Food Monitoring Agency (BPOM) has discovered imported beverages bearing the brand name Mansion House vodka containing methanol during an operation in Gili Trawangan, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB). The agency said the alcoholic beverages were fake and had no legal distribution permit.

Foreign governments tell Bali to control arak

Foreign governments tell Bali to control arak

Following the recent death of a tourist after consuming methanol-tainted arak palm wine on the neighboring island of Lombok, the governments of Australia and the UK demanded that the Bali provincial administration apply stricter controls on the production and distribution of local alcohol beverages, arak in particular, throughout the island.

Blame game over Bali death

Blame game over Bali death

Indonesian police have still not begun to investigate the poisoning death of Perth man Liam Davies, despite the Australian Government claiming it has repeatedly pleaded for action.

Gili Trawangan bar still serving methanol drinks

Gili Trawangan bar still serving methanol drinks

The bar that allegedly served Perth teenager Liam Davies the methanol-laced drink that killed him is still selling potentially deadly cocktails to oblivious Australian tourists.