Perth teenager dies after Lombok methanol poisoning

Perth teenager dies after Lombok methanol poisoning

Liam Davies, 19, had been celebrating with mates on New Year’s Day when he became sick after drinking an alcoholic beverage at a bar on the holiday island of Lombok. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment and later brought to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. This morning, a hospital spokeswoman confirmed the teenager had passed away.

Aussie Schoolie blinded by tainted cocktails in Bali

Aussie Schoolie blinded by tainted cocktails in Bali

The 18-year-old is believed to be the worst affected of a number of people who have fallen seriously ill after drinking cocktails spiked with methanol. An 18-year-old boy was also temporarily blinded during a schoolies trip to Bali last month.

Indonesia to ban alcohol

Indonesia to ban alcohol

Indonesia will consider banning all alcoholic beverages and putting drinkers in jail for two years. The ban, which, if implemented, would decimate the night-life in tourist haven Bali, has been proposed and listed on Indonesia’s national parliamentary legislative agenda for next year.