A young Australian woman has had emergency surgery to remove half her pancreas after she is suspected of suffering methanol poisoning from drinking cheap liquor during a night out in Bali.
Reports have emerged of a third victim who has allegedly died as a result of methanol poisoning caused by drinking tainted alcohol in a Kuta bar.
They were drinking at a club called Oscar in the Legian area. Police have been questioning the club owner, bartender, waitress, and one other witness. One of the victims is a Russian national, and the other is an Indonesian citizen from the city of Medan in Sumatra.
A NSW teenager celebrating the end of school exams in Bali was rushed to hospital after consuming a dangerous cocktail which was suspected to have been laced with methanol.
With 6,000 Australians expected to land on the shores of party island Bali in the next three weeks, a schoolies support group is warning graduates to take more precautions as the risks of running into trouble overseas is higher than at home.
A travel insurer has warned tourists about the risk of being poisoned by locally made alcohol in Bali. Travel Insurance Direct Online travel insurer says the local drink arak is a real danger and has advised Australians not to drink it.
Jasmine Baker, a teenage Australian girl on a “schoolies” holiday trip to Bali, was flown to Royal Darwin Hospital on Friday with suspected methanol poisoning.
When 19-year-old Australian man Liam Davies arrived at Lombok’s international hospital, seizing and in need of life support, doctors diagnosed him with a brain aneurism.
The father of a young British backpacker who died after drinking poisonous gin has flown around the world in a bid to catch the people who sold her the lethal substance.
The police will investigate the liquor killing of a female British tourist in April following a raid at a factory mixing adulterated liquor in Deli Serdang regency on Friday.